Tuesday, June 10, 2008

madness with a side of lazy please

It's been awhile, my dears. It must mean that things have been so exciting and my days have been so jammed packed with goings on that I just haven't had time to blog right? Riiiiight. I wish I could say that. I've been lazy and quite frankly, the laptop has been bothering me as of late. It's like a reminder that I have way too much time on my hands. I open it up, check my email and some gossip and job sites, then shut it down. Let's see, it's 1:00 in the afternoon and I am still in my PJ's. I've had way to much coffee and not enough to eat. I have no desire to do anything today. The only appointment I had this week, I totally forgot about. It was yesterday. Lame lame lame. Days are really bleeding together now. I need to get a calender. One that I can write shit down on. My memory for dates is sucking.
I'm still unemployed, which is cool. Well, not cool cool, but the kinda cool that comes with accepting that there are things that have to come in time and that I have to be patient for. I have come to terms with it. I could get a job tomorrow if that was what was necessary. I am simply waiting for the right gig to come along. How many people have that opportunity right? It's a luxury that I am lucky to have. I need to just not be so hard on myself. The jobs that I haven't gotten, well..I have to believe there is a reason for that. They weren't right for me and would have kept me from a job that I really want to do. I have embraced the extra time and will run with it.
I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday drunk off my ass. That's always fun. What for, you ask? My oldest nephew, Jimmy, graduated High School. I can't believe that the little boy that used to beg me to take him to Burger King and would sing "whomp, there it is" on cue when he was 2 is 18 and graduated. He is such an awesome kid. Love him to death and I couldn't be prouder of the young man he has turned into. Anyways, my sister in laws family from West Virginia was in town and there was lots of partying to be done. We were over there every night, making sure that the beer that my bro brews was up to par ; ) Good time's, I tell ya.

Not much else to write about. I could sit here and squeeze out topic after topic, but I don't want to force it. It's bad enough it's been so long since I have sat down and wrote. Besides, I am out of smokes. I'm sitting outside on a beautiful summer day and I can't even smoke. That is just irritating : )

No comments: