Monday, June 16, 2008

Yay for California!

Today's post is not about me, for a change. No complaining about boredom or joblessness. No whining about my poop class (which is over and I got a B!! woo-hoo!!!) or the fact that I am sitting outside with no smokes. ok, that was about me a little bit...but NO MORE!!!!

Today is about a decision made by the Supreme Court of CA back in May. A decision that goes into effect at 5:00pm this wonderfully balmy afternoon. The state has finally lifted the ban on same-sex marriages! At 5:00, every same-sex marriage that takes place will be legal. No more "commitment" ceremonies. Now they can get married and possibly fuck it all up just like the rest of us hetero's!!

In times where global warming is a constant reminder that we need to take care of the planet and the never ending wars and violence are a constant reminder that we need to take care of each other, it thrills me that I live in a state that has let this happen.

California, with all your wacky liberals and crazy laws and earthquakes and traffic and ridiculous housing prices....I have never loved you more and I have never been prouder.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I'm proud of CA, too!

It's about time!

Hopefully the rest of the states will be as open and accepting as CA...