Monday, December 24, 2007

Once upon a time....

In the spirit of creativity and complete lack of better things to do, I have created a blog. For the life of me, I don't even know what the hell blog means. For working as a tech support lackey, I'm not so on the up and up with the geek stuff. Whatev. I'm not going to punish myself over it.

First, I apologize to to Krisztina for giving her crap about blogging. So far, it's actually nice. It's kind of liberating knowing that I am sending my words out to the great oblivion. I can choose whether to tell my friends/family that I have a blog, or not. People can read what I have to say, or not. Dang, this is actually kinda cool. I hate it when Krisztina is right.

Here's the thing. I am not good at writing about my thoughts/feelings. I have been told that I am intimidating and blunt and not very touchy-feely. With that being said, being a blog virgin and all...when reading my words , be kind.

I will start by giving the bliss full "oblivion" a synopsis of some of the things that make up Erin.
First off, I am kind of a weird girl. I eschew new things and new technology. I long for the times when things were simpler. When kids could play until the streetlights came on and your friends actually had the time to hang out, not just send you emails/texts (though I must admit, I enjoy both emails and texts). Everything is so computerized and automated. Sterile and cold.
In addition to wanting to live in the 50's, I would have to say that I am a bit of a tom-boy. I hate shopping "just for the sake of shopping". Though I do my hair and make-up, but I absolutely cannot stand the time it takes me to get ready. I love poker and golf and going to Giants games.
I hate my clothes, but don't want to shop for new ones. I would live in my Doc Marten's or flip flops if I could (though I will admit that I look slammin' in stiletto's) and if I never had to wear a dress again, I would be ok. I have no internal filter and tend to say whatever comes to mind. Verbal diarrhea if you will. I love anything that has to do with art. I love to paint, though I spend no time doing it anymore. I wish I could find a profession that would pay me to doodle all day. In that respect, I really wish that I would have studied art in college. Maybe even gone to the Art Institute.

I live in a constant state of worry and regret. I worry about EVERYTHING. I worry about so much, that I could probably start a separate blog on just the things I worry about.
The regret thing, I guess comes with age. There are so many things I could have done differently. I wish I would have really payed attention in High School and cared about my grades. I wish I would have picked a career and went to college for said career. I wish I wish I wish.

It's not say that I am completely un-happy with the course my life has taken. I have a happy marriage. I am alive and somewhat healthy and live a comfortable existence. I have a wonderful family that I am ridiculously close to. I have 2 handsome nephews and 2 gorgeous neices.

I have plenty of skin left for my next tattoo.

This is a glimpse of me. As I read and re-read. It's not all that bad, this blogging thing that is.
I guess you can teach a stubborn gal new tricks.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Welcome my friend.

The gift of this blog (web-log) is truly a Christmas miracle!

I'm so happy you're here...

erin said...

Thanks buddy : )