Friday, December 28, 2007

Jobless

It's my first day of being completely jobless and it is weird. I have worked since I was 15 and never been without a job. Here is a little Erin history. I got my first job when I was 15 at Costco. I left Costco just 2 months shy of my 11 year Anniversary. I was 26!! Not a bad run for a first job eh? The reason I left was because I got a great gig at a Korbel, the very popular and affordable champagne. I was to be the wine club coordinator.Basically, an office /admin assistant that supports the WC manager. Korbel, Kenwood, Lake Sonoma and Valley of the Moon wineries each had their own wine club (kind of a wine of the month type of thing). After 3 years in the coordinator position, my evil cunt of a boss decided to leave and open an over priced boutique and I got promoted to manager. 2 years busting my ass as manager, creating a wine club empire with over 8000 happy members. Just me and my assistant. Unfortunately, the winery paid me shit and there were some executive changes being made that didn't bode well for me, so when Krisztina told me about this snazzy help desk position, I got the rock on out of the wine industry and went into the mortgage biz. Which has currently led to me still being in my pj's at 9:40 AM, cup of coffee in hand and a shower being in the near future. Needless to say, the mortgage biz has brought me to my current position. Jobless.
I'm not really worried. I have a pretty good resume and goddamn it...I am a good employee. I just have never NOT had a job. I have always left a job, cuz another one was lined up. I really thought I was going to be with Homecoming's awhile. Yesterday was sadder than I expected. No tears were squirted or anything, but there were some emotions bubbling under the hard exterior. Saying good bye to certain people just left me kinda...I don't know, vacant? sad just doesn't sound right.The people that I will miss I will most assuredly keep in contact with, but it still sucks when I won't get to see or chat with them everyday.
Well, I had better get in the shower. Krisztina and I are doing a lunch and shopping combo : )

2 comments:

Michael said...

You got to keep writing!!!!!

I need to know what you're doing!!!! I'm lost without you!!!!


!!!!

(I almost called you at 1AM (your time) but I thought your hubby probably wouldn't have liked that. I just miss you. That's all. And I couldn't sleep.)

erin said...

I know, I will blog soon.I just havent been feeling creative lately. this job thing has got me down. my husband has started a blog with all our pics, but I cant seem to find it. ricks shenanagins is what i thought it was called..
1 Am is a bit late. He would not have appreciated that. you may call anytime during normal hours though :)