Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ugh

Yep, that's all I can say. Ugh.
Ya wanna know one of the worst feelings in the world?Being all snug and cozy in bed, cats on your feet, having a great sleeping pill induced dream, then rolling over and looking at the clock and that annoying little red screen says 5:30 am. I was supposed to be at work 30 minutes ago. DAMN!!! So it is a crazy mad rush to get the fuck ready and get the fuck out of the house. In my sleep stupor, I completely forgot my coffee and have nothing to eat for breakfast. If this is an inclination how the day is going to go, then I am going to crawl under my desk and go back to bed.
Christmas is over. Let me do my happy dance now. I can't stand that fucking holiday. When did it become such a corporate "buy this and you HAVE to have that" kinda holiday? I guess it's always been that way, I just notice it more as I get older. The one good thing about yesterday was that my whole family was together for breakfast and dinner. My brother and sister in-law and my parents haven't spoke in over a year. It made for really sucky holidays. My sister in law emailed my parents 2 weeks prior to xmas and asked them to come over for xmas dinner. It was awesome. To make the day even better, Ricks parents and his brother (with wife and both nieces) were also there. We didn't have to divide the holiday between families and there was an end to a ridiculously painful feud. Now THAT is was xmas is about. Not presents, not the tree or the lights (though, I do love xmas lights) not It's a Wonderful life or The Christmas Story playing over and over (whatever happened to the BEST xmas movie ever White Christmas??? The stations never play that one. Bing Crosby, HELLO??) whoops....tangent... anyway, Family and being together is what the holiday's are about. Everyone talking, eating and hugging. Normally, I am not so mushy.I was standing in my Sister in laws kitchen, everyone was laughing and opening stuff. My nieces and nephews were running around, prime rib was in the oven. I stood there in silence and was completely serene. I said to myself, "This is the best Xmas ever". It was nice : )
That was the only present I needed.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Prime rib for Christmas? Wow! That sounds so good...

Sorry you were late for work, I hope they don't write you up... That'd be terrible to have in your file. ;-)

I'm glad your holiday was the best ever... ~Michael

erin said...

I love that you are reading my blog : )
Is this kosher to comment back on mine, or do I comment on yours?

My bro makes prime rib every year..it is amazing

Michael said...

You can totally comment on your own blog. It's yours. It's whatever you want it to be...

Have you told Sztina yet about the blog?

erin said...

not yet. I will soon though.