Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ugh, blah and yuck

Here we are...day, whatever. Why is it so difficult to keep track of what day it is when you are without job? I mean seriously, I have to really think about what day it is. They all bleed together. A goulash of sleep, net-surfing, playing with the cats, cleaning and organizing, cooking and laziness.
Possibly, I should use this extra spare time more wisely and to try and lose some fucking weight, but what do I do? Sit here, watch TV and polish off a pint of Haagen-Dazs Pineapple Coconut ice cream. Not that I truly minded, becuase that stuff is the bomb, but c'mon Erin....fucking motivate!!
It's been a bit since my last blog. Let's see...where to start.....Oh, New Years Eve. As previously planned, I got wicked stupid drunk. I remember having a blast, laughing a lot and shooting Krisztina in the butt with a champagne cork. I will say this, whoever came up with the brilliant concoction that is the Jaeger bomb should be both canonized and shot in the noggin. For the love, I was up till 4:30 AM and I woke up at 7:30AM. It was ridiculous : ) It was good times though. I love love love my friends!
Since then, I haven't really started 2008 with a bang. Not much going on here.
I did have a job interview today, and it went really well. I am not happy about it. It is another tech support/customer service gig. Just thinking about taking another customer service job is sending me into mental turmoil. I can't handle it anymore. It is a sad sad day when the realization dawns on you that Customer Service is the ONLY skill you have. How and when did that happen? I hate people! I hate customers! Why am I SO fucking good at it? We shall see if I get offered the job. There is a teeny tiny glimmer of possible change on the horizon though. My buddy is taking a class at the local JC and he said I should take it with him. It sounds random, but it's for a water treatment plant operator job. It's the same field my brother is in. Government job = excellent pay, stellar benefits and an awesome retirement. I think I might do it, but even as I type, I am talking myself out of it. Why? Who knows. Who knows why I do what I do? I sure don't, otherwise I would try like hell to change it. I guess I am just a bit mopey today. Inside the head of Erin is a weird place folks....fun place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Haagen-Dazs Pineapple Coconut....is not for everyone. Personally, I'm a straight up Vanilla man. It's perfect. Has like five ingredients and hits the spot every time. (Side note: when I was trying to quit smoking a few years ago, I would go through about a pint a night during the winter. That of course led to an extra 15 pounds of sexy...)

This may seem like out of left-field, but have you ever thought of stand-up comedy? For some reason, you have a 'type' of personality about you that I'd like to see on stage. Even if it's just bitching about working in customer service. Seriously though, I see bright lights in your future.

If you're looking to try something new, you could always take a stand-up class or something.

Thank you for FINALLY blogging...

Walk On Red

erin said...

I do enjoy vanilla...not by itself though. Hot fudge and whipped cream are it's best accomplices.
me? stand up? you are off your rocker : )

Michael said...

I'm not off my rocker...I just...um...BELIEVE IN YOU!

JT said...

I'm going to get away from the ice cream after only one comment; you come by the cravings naturally. What I wanted to say is that I love your blog. This is my first comment ever so it feels good. You write like you live and that is a compliment in every meaning of the word. I could lavish your blog with much praise but I am going to be brief. I am sure you'll know how hard that is for me. Suffice to say that I enjoy your writing and "Red" has touched upon something. Should change his name to Wise Red. Anyway, keep it up. Journal writing, either by hand or electronically, is one of the most honored of endeavors. It has stood the test of time and is a great outlet. As is ice cream. and both offer freedom and responsibility. It is an intoxicating mixture and a risk that measures up there with standing on a stage with a mike, in my humble opinion. Good job. Keep it up. Mwah.

Midoil1 (short for Midnight Oil and not Midol misspelled)

Joel said...

Hey Lady,
I'm finally checking out your new blog, and it's awesome! Your dad is right, you write the way you live, and the way you talk.

I think it's great, if for no other reason than you can get your thoughts and frustrations down on page and maybe limit the amount of abuse you focus on Rick. (I realize, of course, he brings much of it on himself.)
Thank you so much for driving me around the other day and hanging out downtown. I had a great time.

I hope you keep up the blog, as it can sometimes feel a bit bothersome to force yourself to sit down and write for a while. If you get the chance, take a look at mine, where I will have links to your blog and eventually all of our other friends with pages.
www.sixby10.blogspot.com
www.fogcitylibrary.blogspot.com
Talk to you later!

Joel

erin said...

awww.thanks for your comment Joel. I feel so lucky to have such fabulous people reading my blog : )