Tuesday, March 4, 2008

slightly disgruntled again

Here I sit, blogging. It's Tuesday morning. No job interview yet. What's the deal with peeps not calling me when they say they will call me? Am I some "do not call" pariah? The recruiter was supposed to set me up for an interview with the construction gig I mentioned awhile back. So far, nothing. Turns out, the dude was out of town and she got the dates mixed up (she told me this last Thursday, in a message on my answer machine). She will talk to him when he gets back, which I thought she said would be yesterday. So far, no word. I am sad. I am not sad that I didn't take the tech support gig. I am happy about that. All signs point to "good move Erin". I just wish I could get an interview set up with this construction company. It sounded like something that was right up my alley. Maybe the dude had a chance to check out my resume and he didn't like it. Who knows. I am back to the drawing board, I guess. Time to start looking at craigslist and whatnot. I am getting complacent and I do not like the way that feels. I like to work. I want to work, I really really do.
Rick said find a job, get a plan together or get pregnant. YIKES! He is consumed with full on baby fever. I get it, his birthday is this weekend and it weighs heavier on his mind when birthday time rolls around. He wants to be a dad. He wants 2 kids, 3 years apart and at this point...it's not looking so good. I think he is frustrated because he wants to be a young dad. He doesn't want to be the old guy that isn't going to be around to see his grandkids. I guess I just worry that I am not going to be a good mother. Another low point is I don't wanna get fat. Well, fatter then I already am, that is.
AARRGGGG. I envy the people who have things figured out from the get go. The few that go to college and into the jobs they want. The ones that don't get stuck in a weird jobless limbo and wait to start a family till their slightly old-ish and their shit is not working. Ha, that last line made me giggle a bit. Sometimes I crack myself up.
I need to get back to my funny self. I worry to much these days. I guess nothing funny has happened lately.
I watched my nephews get the shiz-nit beat out of them this past weekend playing lacrosse. Well, Jimmy did. The older boys are considerably rougher than the 10 year olds. Jimmy did a great job though. He is captain of the team and was really getting in there and getting dirty. My little buddy. when did he get so grown up? He will be 18 next month and graduating high school soon after. *sigh* I remember the little boy that couldn't pronounce my name, so he called me Nernie. Who would argue with me to no end (dude, I was 15 when he was born, I had no idea how to talk to toddlers) and who loved to go to Burger King. He so adult now, but he still tells his Aunt Erin that he loves her and gives her hugs and kisses, which is all I can ever ask for. Jake, will be 11 tomorrow, which is nuts. I was in the delivery room when he was born and let me tell you..that was the best birth control ever. Birthing is a gross process. Lots of fluids and gooey stuff. Jake is a trip and I love him to death too.
Well then, I think I will shower and start my day. Maybe do some ironing and pick up the house.
woo-hoo.

4 comments:

Joel said...

Ok, so I want to address your slightly depressing and blue post. But first let me say once again thank you for all of your help last week. You are giving and unselfish in a way that can never be repaid.
Ok, so back to your post. First, you made the right call on the tech job. That commute alone would have made you one unpleasant and angry Erin.
Second, how many of your friends and family are actually doing the job they imagined they would be when they were in High School? I know I'm not, and MAYBE 1% of our loved ones can say otherwise. So do not fret, my dear. Just know what you love to do, and don't give up. (This is of course advice I should give myself, too.)
Lastly, you will make a fantastic mother. Just seeing you with your nephews tells me that. When and if you and Rick decide, TOGETHER, to have children, have no fear about your abilities to raise them. Besides, it takes a village to raise a child, right? And with your group of friends and family, you have just about the world's best village.
Anyway, enjoy sitting at home, relaxing on your patio in the sun with a good book, a strong cup of coffee and a pack of cigs. No better way to spend a day...

erin said...

well, I will take advantage of your being bored at work. Your comments are SO incredibly kind. I can't think of anything else to say, but Thank you. You are a good friend luv.

Michael said...

In regard to your 'best birth control:' I'd like to think that if the public school system's health classes showed the birth process, America would be much better off.

I agree, you'd be a great mom....

erin said...

way way back when I was a sophmore in HS, we had a sex ed class that showed a birthing in a low income apartment. It was super gross and also was excellent birth control during my HS years : )
Thanks buddy, I have my doubts about parenting, but if I could be half as good as my ma and pa, then I think I might scrape through it : )