Thursday, January 24, 2008

Huh?

I am perplexed. I mean, not just perplexed, I am utterly confused. I am just sitting here on the couch, lap-top is well..its in my lap, coffee in easy reach, happily flipping channels. I was in the movie section, starting at HBO and moving upwards towards the action channel, when I saw it. I blinked and rubbed my eyes. I shook my head, trying to clear the "just woke up " cobwebs. I actually went so far as to turn off the TV. I went back to the movie channel section and started my upward climb to where I first saw it. THERE IT WAS!!!! It was not a figment of my imagination!
What movie was playing that caused this freak out, you ask? MIRACLE ON fucking 34TH STREET!!!!!! Its a goddamn Christmas movie!! Now, I know that in my jobless stupor, the days are hard to keep track of, but I KNOW that it is fucking January. Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch a Christmas movie in January? Wasn't every Xmas movie ever made getting shoved down our throats last month enough? Times must be pretty bad if a station has no other options but to play a Xmas movie. Not to mention, a BAD xmas movie. It's not even the classic Miracle on 34th street, starring a very young Natalie Wood, Its the crappy 1994 remake.
Dude..this is what I am getting mad at now. Well hell, I can't complain about my job, long hours or my co-workers anymore. I have been reduced to bitching about what I am watching and artichokes. sigh...
I do have another bone to pick. I had a job interview way back on the 9th for a job that I thought I was a shoe-in for. I hadn't heard from them, so I sent a "how ya doin', looking forward to hearing from you" email. I got a very vague and brief response back. Something along the lines of "hey Erin, I have cc'd the HR chick on this and she will get back to you regarding the next steps". I forwarded the response to the all knowing recruiter that is the Ricker and he said that the guy was either totally blowing me off, or HR dropped the ball and forgot to contact me. Either way, I am slightly pissed that I didn't get a response back. Hello??? Could I have been any more perfect for the job??? They wanted someone who was a Wine Club or tasting room manager, which I was. The position was for a help desk/tech support person, WHICH I WAS at Homecomings. The clincher? I knew the software already!! I used it when I worked for Korbel!
Oh, and another fun fact? I knew the guy that interviewed me. We worked together a bunch when they installed the new software at Korbel. It was, what I thought anyways, a great interview!! He even gave me a tour of the building and introduced me to most of the staff.
WTF. I know I wasn't very excited about the prospect of taking another Help Desk job, but I really though I had this one in the bag. I know I shouldn't have put all my eggs in one basket, but I ...fuck...I got nothing. I'm just not good at looking for jobs. I did contact Office Team, which is a temp agency. It's my third one. I feel like a temp agency slut. Nelson Staffing sucked ass , they sent me on 2 interviews then never called. Apple One, I interviewed and it seemed like they would use me, but they never called. I must admit that I haven't done Apple Ones testing yet. In my defense, the testing wouldn't work on my lap top. Office Team will hopefully be a good match. Rick gave me some pointers, so hopefully I can score some temp work with them. Maybe it's a good thing that the above job didn't work out. I can temp while I am taking my poopy water class. Anything has gotta be better than what I am currently doing, which is nothing. Well, I wouldn't say nothing. I have become the cats favorite sleeping spot. I have cleaned and organized. I have shopped a bunch and I have watched incredible amounts of TV.
I have kept my peeps abreast of my fun and super duper exciting life via blog. Dang, I am even boring myself now, so I am going to leave you with these words gentle readers...these words...

HA HA : )

3 comments:

Scotty P to the G said...

Yeah!!! I'm happy now. I got a little ET update and you put a smile on my face which has been nothing a but a shitty grin all day. Thanks honey!!!

erin said...

it is my pleasure luv : )

Krisztina said...

if it makes you feel any better Drivesavers called me again to tell me that they were still working somethings out on hours and would get back to me tomorrow after they promised they would get it worked out by last week. Yeah I've gone on 6 interviews with them and still haven't got a god damn thing from them :)

Sincerely,

House Bitch ( Its my new title)