Wednesday, January 30, 2008

smokin' and typin', typin' and smokin'

Whoever invented the lap top should be given a flippin medal. I'm sure he has won awards and whatnot, but seriously..if I had a medal, he would get it. I am assuming it's a he anyways. I'm sure he was a pimply, pasty slip of a man who never saw the daylight. I digress..I am awarding him the Erin Medal of Fabu Achievements. He ranks right up there with the drunk frat boy who invented Jaeger bombs. Why I have not thought of blogging while outside smoking sooner, I just do not know. Today is actually the first day in awhile that this area has seen some dry weather and some sunshine, so that's probably why the sitting outside with the laptop has just occurred to me.
Today was a good day. I went up to Corte Madera to spend the rest of my Nordstrom's gift card.
I am one girl that never looks forward to shopping. Especially now, cuz I am not really at a weight that makes me want to run out and try on clothes. I walked into Nordy's and for once, decided to peruse the couture section. You know the one, where all the Seven, Juicy, Rock and Rebublic fancypants stuff is? I just thought I would take a gander before I went upstairs to where the more reasonably priced clothing is. My first rack that I hit....BAM! A cute top, that was reasonably priced..in my size! Second rack, another one! Third rack...yep, you guessed it..another one!!! What the fuck? Did I stumble into some weird parallel "everything Erin" universe? Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone? Oh, I know what it is....i'm still asleep and having a really good dream right? No to all of the above! I was awake, not drunk and in the real world! A wave of contentment washed over me. A nice sales girl walked up and asked if she could start a dressing room for me. "why yes, yes you can" was my reply. Mind you, I am IN the couture section!!! I am thrilled. There is some weird euphoric high that comes when you find some good deals on wicked cute clothes. I don't get it often, being a fat-ass tomboy and all, but euphoric I was, am I actually looking at hip clothes that are not going to put me in the poor house? Yes I am !! So I try on 5 or so shirts, all were cute. 3 worked really well. One of them was pink. I fretted for a minute over the pink one. It's cute, but I am SO not into pink. I left the fitting room clutching my 3 shirts and meandered over to the rack where the pink shirt and her shirt-friends in pretty colors lived. Do I really want pink? Let's just see if there is another enjoyable color in my size (sidebar, I never have good luck in the shopping realm of things, so I figured that I was going to have to buy the pink one, as it would be the only one in my size) A pretty blue caught my eye...please please please, if there is a shopping god out there, please let there be one in my size I chanted to myself.... I flipped through the hangers longingly, hoping against hope as each extra small passed through my hands...last little hanger. I peek at the tag...YES!!! it was my size!!! *insert happy dance here, cuz I swear to all that is holy, I did a little happy dance !!* YAY! I walked out of Nordstrom's with 3 shirts, used all of my gift certificate and it only cost me an extra $40. Woo-hoo! I went and met Rick for lunch, which was lovely being able to see my husband in the light of day during the week, and shopped some more. I really had nothing else to buy, but I was still somewhat on that high and wanted to see if I could score more. Nothing really caught my eye, so off to the grocery store I went to get stuff for dinner. The story ends here, on my back porch, smoking and blogging.
There is a slight hazard with the whole smoking and typing. My fellow smokers will identify with this, I hope. Being that you need 2 hands to type all proper and whatnot, I have to leave the ciggy clenched between my lips. Classy right? Anyways, upon taking said ciggy from my lips to ash...I realize that my lips have gotten a bit dry and are kinda stuck to the cig. OUCH. I think I might have lost some skin there. Dang, it hurts like a mutha. Let's call it Erin's extra-special lip exfoliation while smoking technique. I should try to patent that. Market it to all the ultra sheik spa's in the area. The Hollywood starlets would love it, as all their size 0 asses smoke like fiends to stay thin.
Well, my cigg is done and I am freezing my patootie off out here, so I will bid you all adieu.
So, Adieu.

2 comments:

Scotty P to the G said...

Fabulous! I love it. :-)

Michael said...

You are a lucky woman, you know that right? Temperatures here at -14 and dropping... Oh how I would love to sit outside at some chic cafe, smoking and drinking coffee or wine or even a tall water...

God, I'm so glad you're blogging. I really am. I check you out everyday...

I loved your post. You have such a nice way to target the thoughts I have and make them into words. It wasn't until your post that I realized while shopping, I have many of the same thoughts. Although not in that much detail...

Walk On Red