Tuesday, January 29, 2008

word up

I have absolutely no cute title for today's blog. In fact, I don't even know why you are reading this. Today's blog is going to be lame. I can feel it. I feel no witty quips, no humorous anecdotes. In fact, as I sit here on the couch, whiskey on my feet, I am feeling truly and utterly uninspired. It's ok though, I am here, you are reading...we will work through it together.
I did figure something out...the perfect cooking time for 2 medium sized artichokes in the nuker is 18 minutes.
So, remember my rant about that software company that blew me off? Here is a funny-ish story:
I made an appointment with the temporary staffing agency Office Team. I went in yesterday to interview and test. The chick that interviewed me seemed like she knew her shit. She already called my contacts and is marketing me out to clients today. good right? So I get home, happy that I might have some temp work to keep me busy. I resigned myself to the fact that temp work is what I wanted for now, and was happy with that decision. Why, right when you get comfortable with a scenario does life throw you a curve ball?? What is this curve ball you ask? Well, that software company called me, not five minutes after I got home from Office Team. They want me to come in for a second interview! How random is that?!
Dude, I am so NOT enjoying blogging today. It could have something to do with the fact that I have to charge the lap top and I am currently laying on the floor cuz the cord doesn't go far. It could also be that I got a sub par amount of sleep. It may also very possibly be that I am just a mental crankypants today. Take your pick. I think I may be all of the above : )

1 comment:

Michael said...

I love the phrases you use... "mental cranky pants..."

I feel like I can relate a bit.

My blog was much lamer. Yours was interesting. It went some where...

I hope that second interview goes better than the first one... You know, like they call you back and say "work here!"