Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A damn near perfect day....UNTIL

I was having a great day. A day that I may even go so far to say that it was grand.
I started off the morning with a good night's sleep. Waking up to a cup of coffee at eye level and a kitty by my side. I dress and have a cigarette with Rick before he is off to work. Tangent, why the fuck can I NEVER spell cigarette right? I have been smoking those goddamn things for the past..well, lets just say lot's of years and I never get the spelling right. Sheesh. Anyways, back to my good day. After the smoke, I sit down with my pop and finish up watching Transformers, which we had started the night before. He had never seen it. A complete travesty in my humble opinion. So we are watching said movie and sipping on coffee, Hannah the ankle biter nested between us. Side note: I cherish every minute with my daddy. They happen ever so briefly and I love every minute of it. Back again to story (I will try to stay on point..heehee). Transformers is done, I shower and bid adieu to dad. Hannah and I hang out and we go to the market for stuff. She falls asleep in the car on the way home (super duper triple bonus to my good day. LOVE it when she falls asleep!) and I unload the car. 15 minutes into the unloading process, Dusty comes over. He hangs while I put the groceries away and Candace picks up Hannah. Dusty and I are then on our way to play some golf. YAY!! I have someone to play with!!!! We go play 18 holes on a great course and have an absolute blast. I played really well. We chatted, drank beers, smoked and smacked some golf balls around. The sun was shining and it was nice and warm. Perfection right? Even the noxious fumes from the dead thing have abated a bit. I feed the cats and sit down to check email and putt around on the net till I have to make dinner. Mind you, 4 beers on the course have given me a slight buzz. I am downright joyful at this point. What's that sound? Oh, I have 2 voicemails. Dang, didn't even hear it ring. Ok. Checking VM's. First message, my hairdresser telling me he can get me in earlier than my previously allotted time..YAY! Woo-hoo!! Things are fantastic!!!! 2nd message: the lady at the staffing agency about the Wine Club position.... "Hi Erin, it's so and so from Nelson, I'm calling regarding the Wine Club position at St. Francis. Well, they actually decided to go with another candidate. Please give me a call in the morning to talk." Enter in exploding noise, cuz that's exactly what my good mood did. It fucking crashed and burned. What? Did I hear that right? They decided on ANOTHER candidate? You mean they found someone who had more than 5 years wine club experience and 17 years customer service experience? What the fucking holy fucking fuck-fuck????? Are you fucking kidding me? Really, they found someone better suited huh? I am SO fucking pissed off right now. If I didn't have to make dinner, I would be pouring myself the biggest fucking vodka collins this world has ever seen. I was a goddamn shoe-in. A shoe-in!!!!! I knew that chick had a bug up her ass about me being a wine club manager. Like I was going to go after her fucking job. Please, honey..have enough confidence in yourself to not be intimidated by my fucking experience. Can't you see that I would be a fucking asset to your operation? I do not want to even be in the wine industry anymore. I was more than happy to settle in to that gig for the 6 months temp that they wanted.
Fuck it all. I am making that fucking Vodka Collins.

2 comments:

Michael said...

That lame fucking message aside, your day sounded delightful. I wish I could have golfed and had beers. That sounds nice. Oh and warm. Lucky lady...

erin said...

true, it was an awesome day. I should be thankfuly for that, at least : )