Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pretty days and nobody to play with

One of the many sucky things about being unemployed is the fact that none of my friends can come out and play with me. Here I am, sitting in my backyard on a beautiful spring day, smoking and drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper. Blogging, of course, for sheer lack of nothing better to do. My errands are done, I have studied for class tonight and the Washer and Dryer are plugging away. There is a pile of ironing to do, but I am putting that off due to the overwhelming injury occurrences. Why I can't get through ironing without burning myself, I will never know.
Searched all job sites? Check. Perez Hilton, DListed and TMZ surfed? Check. Stupid movie of the day watched? Check check. Today's cinematic masterpiece was To Die For, with Nicole Kidman playing a crazy ass weather girl and the delightfully talented (and hot, even with a mullet) Joaquin Phoenix playing her 16 year old lover who axes her husband. Stupid Stupid Stupid. Not a good movie at all. I guess it is slightly better my movie adventures on Monday, and by slightly, I only mean it was better cuz it was a movie I hadn't seen before. The play list on Monday was The Hills Have Eyes (the 2006 version, blech. Bloody as hell, there is a dog murder and the actors sucked), Disturbia (for the 1000th time..can't get enough of that cute little bastard Shia) and The Blair Witch Project (I enjoy this movie and like to have it on in the background if I am doing something else). *sigh* I am lame. Even worse, and I can't believe I am going to share this with you, is that when I give in to the pile of shirts that is in need of pressing, I will put in my favorite ironing movie, Transformers. Again with the Shia addiction. The things that surface when you have nothing but time eh?
I do not believe I mentioned that I do have a bit of a job on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's did I? From 8:15 to 12:15, I watch the little ankle biter that is my niece Hannah. She is 17 months old and pretty cute. Very mellow but wickedly mobile so I have to watch her every move. Soda is slightly intrigued by her and will hang out, but Whiskey is like "peace out yo. Da shorty is here and I am getting da fuck out of dodge. I be chillin' under da bed in the spare room till she exits homey." I must say though, I am enjoying her company. She answers back when I talk, which is a serious step up from the cats and I can take here anywhere. I can take her out to breakfast, shopping, errand running. She even likes the grocery store, if I give her something that she can hold while we roll (grapefruits work really well) and even better if I give her something to snack on. That's another thing, she has these chubby little toddler hands right, so they can't hold much but they can definitely pinch the shit out of you. I have these little Gerber dried apple bites that she likes, so I bring a baggie full of 'em. I pull out a couple and she grabs them (enter the pinching here) and she takes a handfull but can't hold them all, so we leave a trail of apple cubes wherever we go. I had to revisit an aisle for something that I forgot and I must have stepped on 10 of them. It made me giggle, which in turn made her giggle and I gotta tell ya...toddler laughter is a beautiful sound.
So that's that folks. Movie chatter and gushing auntie talk. That's it. I got's nothing else.
I will hopefully have more to write about tomorrow as tonight is poop class and I hope to get my grade on my evil time sucking mid-term. Which means, dear readers, that tomorrows post could be full of puppies and candy-canes or wrought with every vulgar word, and some I might make up, that I can think of.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Does having your niece around make you want kids of your own? Or does it kinda fill a void? Or is there a void? Just curious...

erin said...

Unfortunately, having her around does not make me want one of my own. I enjoy her, but I'm happy when she goes and I am back to my own time.
I don't think there is a void, it's just nice to have company.

Erin-Dot-D said...

I just wanted to comment saying, my name is erin too and I love to drink diet dr. pepper. must be an E thing! :)