Thursday, April 10, 2008

I know my kids a star...WTF?

Yep. I have hit an all time low. Not yet rock bottom, but loooooooooooooooooow. You know that part of the ocean where it is SO deep that all the things that live there are totally white cuz there is no sun? Yep, that low. That's me. So low in fact, that even as I write this, I am giggling at the lowness.
I have been getting up with Rick every day, so I won't fall into the trap of sleeping in. Why? Should I ever find a fucking job and I have to wake up early, it won't totally fuck me up. I know, I'm smart. Anyways, I have a routine. Open eye's at 7am. Rick brings me coffee and puts in it on the nightstand then he gets into the shower. At about 7:30, I am awake enough to grab coffee and watch the morning news. Rick and I have a smoke before he leaves (no smoking in the car) and then I am left to my own devices. I make myself breakfast, turn on the tube and the laptap and nestle into the couch to look for a job and watch some TV. Cool right? Usually I stick around the movie channels. I have never said I have the best taste in movies or TV programming as I tend to like some pretty lame shit. There are no good movies on, which sucks, so I surf. I settle upon VH1, where there is a half hour of "never seen footage" of the Rock of Love show. Sweet, I'm on it. By the way, before you think I am a couch potato, I usually just have the TV on in the background while I am on the computer. The ROL show is over and I am reading Perez Hilton, so I just leave VH1 on. The show that comes on next is something that even I, Erin, lover of all that is teeny bopper movies and all kinds of "reality" shows, appalls me. It is called "I know my kids a Star". Basically its all these mom's and their precocious little pre-teens living in a house trying to make their kid the next child star. To add insult to injury, Danny Bonaduce is the host. This show is terrible. These mom's are absolutely nuts. This one mom actually looks like she belongs on the Rock of Love show. Big ol' fake boobies and donkey Veneers. They had to take face shots of their kids and the kids had to audition for a sneaker commercial, complete with a choreographer. I just can't even explain how bad this show is. If your kid is the next child star, I think you just know, right? Why can't you let your kid be a kid? Rick's ma used to take him and his brother out for modeling and acting gigs. They had head shots and everything. They were both great and they did lots of commercials and adds, but there came a point where they didn't want to do it anymore and they stopped. She didn't push them, she didn't keep them in it longer than they wanted. That's a good stage mom. Why can't these mom's do that? If there kid has that "it" factor, then it will come out naturally. Instead they push and push and exploit the shit out of them to get what they want. It's just sad. What's even more sad? I wasted an hour watching this piece of shit programming. Hence, the new all time low : )
Nothing else new to report here. I applied for 2 jobs this week. One was at an animal sanctuary where disabled kitty's are rescued and live out their days. The other one was a waitress at a local card room. Crazy, I know, but the tip's might be nice and I love me some poker.
The days are getting warmer and the hills are nice and green again. We are looking at 80 degrees and higher for the next couple of days.
I have my class tonight. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get our mid term grades!
Ta Ta for now.

No comments: