Friday, February 8, 2008

Brain worms and paging Dr. Tuck-Nelson

This morning, this blog is coming to you from the Nelson bed. Why have I not thought of blogging from bed before? Do you realize how delightful this is? Warm and all snuggled under the covers. I have coffee within easy reach, stupid movie on the TV for some background noise, Soda on my feet and Whiskey by my side. Unemployment has its perks ; )
Last night, I saw a picture of what a brain looks like when it has been infected with tapeworms. Yucky, no bueno and most definitely not cute. Apparently, this is a risk if you ingest raw pork. My teacher said that though tapeworms generally play house in your gut, when they get into unfamiliar territory (ex..a human) there is a possibility that they can get lost and could end up in your brain. Fun huh? Last weeks class was heavy biology and last night's class was heavy Microbiology. Dude. Ask me anything about Bacteria, virus, Algae, Fungi, Protozoa and Pathogens. Seriously, I feel like I am one test away from being a doctor. I do like this class and I think I will pass it, but sometimes I just feel....well, for lack of a better term, like such a girl. I know what you are thinking, Erin...you ARE a girl, it would make sense for you to feel like one.
It's not like that. There just so much talk of mechanics and tools and other stuff I just don't know about. I guess it really has nothing to do with being a girl, but everything to do with the work I have done. I really have had no need to use tools and such, but I wish I would have tried to learn more about it. Next time Leland comes over to fix or build something, I am going to really pay attention : )
I feel like my posts as of late are lacking. I'm actually getting board when re-reading them to look for spelling mistakes. Ah well, sometimes life is boring eh? I mean, what is the true point of a blog but to write and get your feelings and all that sensitive shit out there right? I guess it can't always be witty and charming, cuz sometimes life just isn't.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Erin,
I am at work reading your blog, which usuallly makes me laugh, but today that whole tapeworm bit grossed me out a little,eewww!!! So gross!! I have to say, I'm a little jealous that your in bed all comfy and cozy and I'm stuck here at work, in my little cubicle.
PS-your blog is not boring
~Love ya

Kat said...

You're right - unemployment is perky at times, but the dullness sets in gradually, too. I'm getting to the dull part already.

I love how even women nowadays use "I'm such a girl" in a negative way. It's funny how vernacular like that takes over!

I hope your next class has fewer brain worms. I can't imagine that was pleasant on any level...

Scotty P to the G said...

I love this post! Don't listen to that Taryn girl. I hear she's really smart though and can see around corners. LOL!