Thursday, February 21, 2008

In a mood

I am in a mood today kids and I fear that it is not a good one. For one thing, I am freezing my ass off. Why am I freezing my ass off you ask? Cuz my stupid self is sitting outside, smoking and blogging. I was going to blog inside, where it is toasty, but I really wanted to smoke..so here I am.
You should see me, sweatshirt with hood on and tied tightly around my neck, pj bottoms tucked into rain boots. It honestly doesn't get any sexier. My rain boots are wicked cute though, so I guess I have that going for me. The weather reports say we are going to get a smack down storm this weekend. Sweet. Love those rainstorms. We just haven't had enough rain this year. I think we need it, so I shouldn't be bitching, but I am in a bitching kinda mood. I also feel it necessary to bitch about my breakfast. Oatmeal. I cooked it perfectly but put too much brown sugar in it and now my stomach hurts. Also, I didn't drink enough coffee this morning. I was going to make another pot, but I always make coffee before class and I really don't need to be caffeinated for 13 hours straight. I also don't have anything for lunch and I really don't want to go get something. What I need to do is shower and go to the store. A hot shower sounds nice right now.
I guess what is adding to my bad mood is my current job situation. I am really regretting my descision to take this job. To add insult to injury, a recruiter friend of Rick's has called with another job option that sounds way better. My only quandary is that I am supposed to start my new gig on Monday. The recruiter is trying to get me an interview with this construction company in Marin tomorrow. It's an office job, which sounds kinda cool. Rick says that I need to wait till after the interview (if she can get me one) to see if it sounds like a lock. He is right about that. He is the recruiting smartypants after all. It just sucks that I have found something that I think I can be good at (the wastewater poopy job) and now it's a waiting game. In addition to waiting, it's also not a guarantee that I will get hired. I need to finish the class and take the test. Then, I have to see if I get hired and that can take a long time. I need to have a job while all that is going on and I just don't feel like the tech support gig is where I should be. Rick says that I always do a major freak out before I take a new job, but this just feels different. Not so much a freak out as it is just plain foreboding. A sense of doom if you will. I'm not nervous or stressed about it, just blah.
I am also irritated that with all this time off, not once have I even attempted to exercise. It has not even crossed my mind, which is wicked lame. I guess the force is strong with my couch and laptop. Unfortunately, as happy as the couch makes me, it sure hasn't helped with my squishy ass. Thankfully, I haven't been eating bad so I have not been gaining weight. I have stayed at my current pre-laid off fatness. Not any fatter, but not any thinner.
Methinks it is time for that shower now.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Do you know the name of the place in Marin?? How fun would it be if you worked close to me and we could meet for lunch and what not!!

I'm sorry you are not happy...if you really don't want that tech job, then maybe you shouldn't take it?? If it's going to make you miserable, is it really worth it??

I just want my Erin Tuck to be a happy girl:-) Angry Erin is no fun!!

Have fun at your poop class tonight.

erin said...

i love you miss taryn.. nuff said : )

Michael said...

Oh Erin!

I want to just reach across America and give you a hug!

If you have such a feeling of doom, don't do it. Keep doing what you're doing...

I'm thinking about you and sending you all the positive energy in the world...

Joel said...

Ok, so here's the thing...I may not be the best person to be taking employment advice from, but...We all know that you don't want this job in Napa, because, well, it's in NAPA.

Besides, you would be moving backwards instead of forwards in a way, going back to doing the same thing you were doing before. Something, by the way, I remember you HATING.

And really, what is all comes down to is would you rather your job title be "Customer Service", or "Poop Plant Operator"? It's a no brainer, really.

erin said...

Poop plant operator! For shizzle!!

Thanks boys. seriously. I am lucky to have such fabulous people in my life. There is not too many people that get me and I am happy to call you friends. ok, enough fucking mush hee hee : )