Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy fuckin' Valentines Day

Yes, it's fucking early. Yes, it's Valentine's day. Yes, my husband is kind of a douchebag. I am annoyed. I normally wouldn't bitch about him on my blog, but it is 7:30, I'm annoyed and wide awake and I am watching Notting Hill for the 5 billionth time. I know he is sick (bad cold folks, not the end of the world) and he is prone to run on the cranky side when he is sick. He was also running late this morning (no fault of mine, I kept trying to get him out of bed, knowing he was going to be late). So he is almost ready to go, I get up and make sure he takes a vitamin C drink with him and you know, wish him happy fucking 7 year anniversary and such. I even showed him the card I got him MONTHS ago for today, but I hadn't signed it yet, but it was such a cool card, I thought I would show him early. Maybe it would perk him up. It was one of those cards that plays music when you open it. It played Cash's "I walk the line". For the couple of people who read my blog and were not at my wedding, instead of the traditional wedding song, I walked down the aisle to I walk the Line. I got a slight reaction out of him, but he was in his own world. Then he was leaving, he must of realized that he was being a douche, cuz he came back in the kitchen and kissed me on the cheek. I get that he is dying (NOT) and running late, but fuck. It's not like I was expecting pomp and circumstance ya know? we are going to Vegas and whatnot, but I guess I expected maybe a hug or something a little more "hey, I love you, happy 7 years!! Woo-hoo!!". S0 here I sit, blogging and stewing. I am excited for Vegas though. Hopefully princess will be feeling better. Hell, the amount of drinking and smoking I plan on doing is probably going to send me back into sickville. With my luck I will get back from Vegas and come down with some weird new hybrid super sick. Something like Tuberculosis and the Bird Flu combined. Oh, with a little amoebic dysentery mixed in. Wow, that escalated quickly. Sorry. It's Thursday, poop class day, and I guess I am still thinking of the pathogens we learned last week : )
Well friends, I hope you all have a great day. Don't buy your loved one roses or chocolate. Be different. Maybe a bunch of Gerber Daisey's or even a baked potato. Maybe you don't buy them anything. You should show your love year round. Not just on Valentines day : ) But in the spirit of V-day, I am sending you all hugs and kisses anyways! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

3 comments:

Scotty P to the G said...

I almost pissed myself. I am laughing my fucking ass off. A baked potato? You are SO random, and that my friend, is why I love you so much. Happy 7 years!!! That is insane. You guys have a great time in Vegas and be safe. I am going out tonight (have the day off tomorrow) and getting LOADED all in observance of Singles Awareness Day (SAD).

Love you!!!!

XO

Taryn said...

Yes, Happy 7 Year Annivarsary!! Do you remember 6 years ago today when Scotty & I went out and got super trashed and it was your 1 year annivarsary with Rick?? I knew you guys were at the apartment being all romantical and what not, but I drunk called the house anyway and screamed on the answering machine "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you guys"...or at least something like that. Probably a little irritating for you guys, but it was funny :-)

Have fun in Vegas and have a cocktail for me & Joel, since he can't drink anymore.

Happy V Day!! Love You!!!

erin said...

aw...you guys are the bestest ever. I love you bunches!!