Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh god

Oh my fucking god people. I just called the tech support gig and told them I am not taking the job.
Rick's recruiter friend couldn't get me an interview until next Wednesday, which posed a slight problem being that I was supposed to start on Monday. I decided that I would rather take a chance on the office job. I am freaking out, but in a good way. I feel like I am finally taking control of my situation. Rick told me it was a decision I had to make on my own, no advice was he going to give.
At first, I was irritated. He always gives me advice. He is my own personal tabernacle of recruiting and job knowledge. How could he leaving me hanging out on that proverbial limb by myself??
After shaking off the cobwebs of sleep, mucho cups of coffee and much thinking, I came to the decision on my own and it feels pretty good. There is no guarantee that this construction/office job will work out, it's just an interview, but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.
That's about all I have right now : )

6 comments:

Taryn said...

Good call!! I think that was a good decision. Don't worry, everything will work out for you.
If all of us out here send good vibes to you, something fabulous will happen.
Now don't forget, on Tuesday you will have to think happy thoughts for me while I'm under the knife!! I'm a little freaked out~

Joel said...

See? Good things really do happen when you sleep in late and then drink a bunch of coffee!

Good luck with the new interview. If it works out, I think you will like construction. Most of the people are foul mouthed and ill-tempered, so you should fit right in! (kidding, kidding. You're not really ill-tempered. Usually.)

erin said...

c'mon now..this is me we are talking about. I am always foul mouthed and ill-tempered. it's part of my charm :)

erin said...

and since I will not be working next week, will you please let me know if you guy need help with ANYTHING?!?!?!
The Nelson taxi can be made available as well as any other manual labor requests that are needed. seriously. i mean it.

JT said...

Bad Rick. Bad, bad Rick. Leaving little Nernie to twist in this hellacious wind we been having. Well, for one, I think you made the right call. Gotta echo Mr. Rosewater on this one. You're right, too, those traits are part of your immeasurable charm. I just can't figure out where you got them since your parents are SUCH beautiful, gentle people.

Michael said...

YES YES YES!

Good move all the way around!

I'm very proud of you and your decision!