Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ugh

Good Morning again from the Nelson bed. Still warm, still cozy..still full of phlegm. I ask you, what is worse than being sick 2 days before you leave for Vegas? Rick getting sick two days before we leave for Vegas. I got it on Sunday and am feeling better. The only good thing is that if he got what got, then he will feel really bad today, better tomorrow and by Friday he'll just have an irritating cough. It just sucks ass. We never take long weekends anymore because he works so much.. For our first year anniversary, we ended up going to the Winchester Mystery House and then on to Monterey. We never made plans or reservations, we just got in the car and picked a direction. It was awesome and we always had a fun little adventure. But then life happens and things get busy and you can't break away as often. Now, our 7 year anniversary falls on a nice 3 day weekend. We decide to make plans. We actually make reservations. Vegas baby, Vegas. Now we are both fucking sick. Maybe it's because we fucked with the spontaneity of the whole adventurous weekend thing. Who knows. Hopefully he will be ok. If not, we will just have to do Vegas all snuffly and coughing. Then again, I can be functional when I am sick. Rick, let's just say...uh, hmmm.well, yup, no way to put it delicately... he reverts back to childhood. There, I said it. He is a fucking miserable 5 year old when he is sick : ) He was super cranky this morning, but I am going to give him a wide berth on this one. I think he is just furious that he is sick this close to Vegas. Nothing we can do right?
I need to train the cats to get me coffee. Seriously, this whole looking cute and sleeping on me is cool and all, but they need to start earning their keep. It so fucking cold in my house right now. I just don't want to get up, but I really really really want more coffee. So, do I get up, make a mad naked dash to the kitchen, refill and run back to bed? OR. do I get up, get dressed..walk calmly to the kitchen, get a refill, maybe make some breakfast and go kick it on the couch for a few? This is a big decision. What to do, what to do.

2 comments:

Michael said...

NAKED NAKED NAKED!

I'm so jealous you're going to Vegas. I've never been but I've always wanted too... I imagine it'd be a blast.

Sorry you guys are sickoroos... I hope you feel better soon!

erin said...

I had a feeling that out of the whole blog, you would pick out the naked..and you totally delivered : )

Ah, Vegas. There really is no place like. It's delightfully sinful and a total playground!