Monday, February 11, 2008

a general state of disgruntlement

disgruntledness was what I first used for the title of this lovely blog, until I realized that I don't even think that it's a word. My fears were made true when that stupid little red squiggly line appeared under it. Actually, its a red dotted line, but that's not the point. Anyways, I chose disgruntlement from that handy little drop down of suggestions. Personally, I think disgruntledness sounds better than disgruntlement, even if it's not a word. Regardless of the word I use, the root is disgruntled and that is most definitely what I am right now.
Let me take you thru a series of events that has led to my current foul mood.
First event, Rick decides that since there is a long weekend coming up, we should get out of town. Sweet, I say. Long story short, we are going to Las Vegas this Friday. This is not a bad thing and is not why I am in a bad mood, but be patient, I will get there. Moving right on to the next event.. This is a good one.
There is a party happening, girls only, where the theme is wear your wedding dress or bridesmaid's dress. I responded as a yes to said party. I know the girl throwing it and a few others, but I don't know them all that well. Mel was on the fence, but got a bad cold, so she couldn't go. Carol called and we decided that we would go together. I planned on wearing what I wore in Krisztina's wedding and Carol bought a dress. I spend an hour and a half straightening my hair, another 30 minutes perfecting my make-up and getting all dolled up. I am also going to mention that I was starting to feel a cold coming on. Carol and I were both dressed up fabulously. She picks me up and we are on our way. We had to call the host for the address and as we pulled up in the driveway, she (the host) opened the door. The first thing Carol and I noticed was that the host was not in costume.In fact, she was in sweats. I told Carol to call her back and ask why she wasn't dressed and to ask if anyone else in attendance was dressed. I guess she wore her wedding dress for an hour, then took it off and so far, nobody was really dressed. I said there is no fucking way I am walking in there if nobody was dressed. I was wearing a fucking fancy ass strapless black dress and 4 1/4 inch stilettos for christ sakes! Carol felt the same way and she told the host that we were going to go home and change and we would come back. I also failed to mention that Leland, Phil and Krisztina and Blake had come over to play Rock Band with Rick. Carol and I walk in and I am fired up. Who throws a fucking theme party and then doesn't even dress up?? I can't even begin to describe how unbelievably irritated I was. I even made a kick ass fruit platter to bring. Arrg!! Just thinking about it riles me up again!
Carol and I change then decide to have a cocktail before we go back to the party. Well, that cocktail turned into 2 , then 3 then 4 and we never made it back to the party..heehee. We were perfectly content to drink here and chill, which was wicked fun. The cool thing was that we probably had more fun here anyways than we would have had at the theme party that really wasn't a theme party. .
The catalyst for my foul mood you ask? I AM FUCKING SICK. I felt like ass last night and after 14 hours sleep, I woke up feeling like death warmed over. Figures right? Since I'm going to Vegas at the end of the week, it totally fucking figures that I would get sick now. God, I am so pissed. Seriously, if I can't beat this shit by Friday, then I am going to be one bitter bitch.
I feel so crappy, that I haven't even smoked today. Not a one!!!
*sigh* I got nothing else. I feel like going back to bed.
In case I don't blog for a couple days, I would like all who read this to think good thoughts for Miss Taryn, who is getting her back operated on this week. We know she will be fine, but there is never anything wrong with people sending good vibes : )

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Sorry you are not feeling good. Take some Emergen-C and drink a lot of OJ. No smoking either, you will get plenty of that in Vegas!!

So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm actually not having surgery tomorrow; it will be on 2/26/08. I'm a dumb ass...I thought that since I had requested to be put on a waiting list to get into surgery sooner and I got that little appointment card from Kaiser saying I had an appointment in the surgery center on 2/13 that they had bumped me up. No, I was wrong. I just have to meet my surgeon tomorrow, but only to discuss everything that will happen and sign some paperwork. I found that out last week when I was there meeting with the nurse and other medical people for like 4hours. She said something about the date and I was like "No, they moved the surgery up to the 13th", but she said "No they did not". Oh well.
Thanks for the good thoughts though!! That was really sweet. Just keep them up for another couple of weeks :-)

erin said...

well,I have to say that I am super glad about the date mix up. I didn't want to be in Vegas worrying about your ass. I kid, I kid : )

Scotty P to the G said...

Honey, I am sorry you are sick. I had that HORRIBLE, NASTY flu/cold a couple of weeks ago. I was miserable for a week and all I wanted to do was sleep. Go wreck yourself in Vegas and recover when you get home. That is what I suggest ;-). Just sleep for the next couple of days.

Who throws a fucking theme party and doesn't dress up? Do I know this tool? They're dead to me.

Have fun in vegas!!!! Drink lots and think of me for at least one round of blackjack.....oh, and a cocktail too.

xoxo

erin said...

well, I was thinking of not drinking or smoking while I am there. You know, really try and take care of myself.
HA. NOT. did I get ya?? I figure whatever I got will be killed by the stupid amount of alcohol that I plan on drinking this weekend : )

No, you don't know the tool..Hell, I don't even wanna know the tool. They should take lessons on how to do a theme party from the 3 of us. We are the shiznit with theme parties